The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Thursday June 21, 2007 at 14:59
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On June 21, 2007 at 10:19, randman said...
But, folks are still waiting
for the 2-way RS232 (I think Lyndel may have implied it
might be available in a couple of months... does anyone
have the latest story on that)?

I'd be very surpised if things are still two months off in this regard. I'm betting we'll see the next update for the TSU9600 before the end of July at the latest.

Feature differences aside, do 9600 users generally feel
that the TSU9600 is a much higher quality product (in
terms of very few bugs) as compared to when the TSU3000/TSU7000
first came out??

Yes. Without a doubt. The more serious bugs with the remote were sorted out and taken care of prior to the remote coming out on the market. There was also a small update released early on to address a few things. That being said, there are various items (not bugs per se) I'd still like to see addressed which supposedly made the cut during the beta test. Hopefully this next update will include some of those things in addition to the 2-way, scripting, etc. The only serious bug I'm still encountering since the beta test is with the screen activating on its own. Very irritating. It will activate on its own via no user input whatsoever, screen goes dark based on my settings, then 4 seconds later it activates again. It will do this over and over again until I reset the remote. Another beta tester has experienced the same bug. I reported said problem during the beta test in detail. Hopefully the problem will be fixed with the next update coming out. Short of that it's been smooth sailing for me.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse