The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday May 19, 2008 at 07:28
Boarderbiker
Long Time Member
December 2003
To all those attempting this modification. If you're going to make your own replacement battery pack, one of the parts not easily visible in the original battery pack is a PTC resettable fuse. It's spot welded between two of the battery terminals, and looks like one of the tabs welded to all of the other cells, with the exception of a white band around the center and some markings on it. I'd post the schematics, but they differ based on production date. Just remember that it's a simple series circuit. I strongly advise you to use the fuse. It's cheap insurance in the event of a failure of the charging circuit. Exploding Nimh cells will make a mess of your remote.

Dave, nothing personal, sure your battery pack is relatively cheap, but when you charge $25 to ship that tiny little thing to Canada, all of sudden the cost balloons to $55 without factoring in the tax, etc. I'm not aware of your shipping charges elsewhere, but the total cost for this project would be in the $10 range, provided you have an original battery pack to cannibalize.

Hosting Services by ipHouse