Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 212 made on Friday August 18, 2006 at 00:23
ossocao
April 2004
I have 2 more tips about unresponsive touchscreen.

If the bateries are low or your rechargeble pack is old can also cause this, try to download new firmware with new pack and recalibrate.

The 90 degree angle that the touchsreen ribon makes in the glass sometimes causes the problem. You can try the needle routine but I did something different. With a dremel w/ the sandpaper tip, I exposed the metal contact and soldered the surface in the angle area and the control came to life. Working for 3 weeks until now

Philips is selling refurbished 3000s for 125.99usd at their outlet shop. So fixing units is lost of time, unless you are out of the USA, where they are expensive.

I was able to put a touchscreen from a palm top and make it worked in a 3000. I don't know what palm was it from yet. I got 3 broken screens for free from a shop in my town and one of them worked. I will back there to check if they have more and what was that from.

I had 3 broken 3000s until last month, now all are working. Two of them were moded to use led light and one. One them only has the OEM LCD, light and touchscren are from palm tops.

Hosting Services by ipHouse