The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 111 made on Saturday September 3, 2005 at 12:41
Eric Snow
Lurking Member
September 2005
Well, I've got a new development. I only wish it was positive. Since it's been two weeks, and I've received no response from either Mr. Gybels, Mr. Zeven or Prontoteam, for that matter, I decided to play around with my TSU3000 paperweight. I thought that perhaps it might not be a bad idea to try to revert to an earlier firmware version again. WRONG!!!!!! Everything was going fine until about 1/3 of the way through the process when the updater had an error. Now the stupid thing is completely dead. No calibration screen, no backlight, no hard buttons, nothing!!! I never thought that I would wish to be stuck on the calibration screen. It never occurred to me that this expensive piece of hardware could become even more useless than it was when it was stuck on calibration.

I'm realistic about mechanical, or electronic devices. Everything made by man, or nature moves toward decay. Nothing lasts forever, and there's always a chance that something will go wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm very disappointed in this product. But, by far the biggest disappointment is with the after sale service by Philips. It seems that once they've got their money the customer doesn't matter anymore. I'm just glad that I was given the opportunity to pad their bank account a little more. Rest assured, this WILL NOT be the case in the future. I know that Philips is a large multi-national corporation and is divided into many divisions, and that by avoiding all Philips products, the effect on the home electronics division will be limited. I'm only one person, but I'm a fairly young guy, and expect that over the next 40 or so years that I'm going to live I'm going to have the opportunity to purchase a great many Philips products, an opportunity that I'm going to be sure to avoid. In addition, I'm going to make a point of telling everyone with whom I associate all about my experience with this product, and the resulting "service". I expect that my actions will cost them substantially more than the amount that this peice of junk cost me. Remember this, a happy customer tells 5 people, while an unhappy customer will tell 500, and considering the audience on this wonderful site, I can probably make that number rise into the thousands before I become tired of this vendetta.

Since it's become apparent to me over the last couple of weeks that Philips no longer wants these remotes back for "research", or at least is no longer willing to replace them, maybe Philips would be willing to pay the shipping to get this thing back to them without replacing it. Maybe someone at Philips would have the common courtesy to reply to one of my contact attempts, maybe not. Only time will tell. In the meantime, I wait and ponder my impending purchase of a Harmony, or anything other than a Philips product. =(

Hosting Services by ipHouse