The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 82 made on Tuesday August 9, 2005 at 21:43
joecentral
Lurking Member
June 2005
Well I am confused on what to do now. My pronto had the touchscreen problem. I tried everything, flashing firmware, leaving batteries out for a week, nothing worked. I must have put in over 40 hours of playing around trying to get the screen to work, and absolutely nothing. At first I couldn't calibrate, then the entire screen would not respond.

So I threw the Pronto in the box, and forgot about it for a couple of months. Well, then today I get an e-mail seeing if I could send mine back. So I dig it out, and just put some batteries in to make sure it powers on. The calibration screen came up, and just out of boredom, I tried it (really quick and sloppy with a pen). Wouldn't you know it, the thing calibrates. So I reflash it with 3.67 and try again, and it calibrated fine again.

Right now the unit is working like nothing was ever wrong with it. So now I'm not sure if I should send it back, or keep it. Anyone have this happen, how soon will it die again? I am going to play around with it for the next couple of days and I'll let you know how I make out.

For those experiencing this problem, try taking the batteries out, leaving it for at least a month and trying it again. Like I said, I tried taking the batteries out of mine for a couple days and then a week, and it didn't make a difference. Technically, I don't understand this, since you wouldn't think it would take more then a couple hours (or minutes??) to drain the capacitor.

I don't know, this problem is very strange. How could the Pronto work fine for a year, then suddenly stop responding, then you put it on the shelf for a couple of months and it works again?

If anyone has any input into this or has experienced this, please post!! I feel like I'm losing my mind!!

Thank you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse