The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday March 27, 2005 at 02:14
Philbert
Lurking Member
March 2005
I have recently had problems as well with the EPG suddenly saying there is no data, meaning either I somehow missed noticing that 1 weeks worth of downloads didn't occur, or something killed off the data in one day. This has now happened 3 times in the last few months. I have the latest version, 1.8.2, and it is silly when it tells me that my Network is likely not functioning, this when the network symbol is happily on and the signal is listed as strong. I even went to upload a possible update, to which it checked and found no new such version exists - using the network of course.
Then, the remote refused to "wake up" forcing a reset. But after that worked, the EPG was able to download.
Barry, if the remote is active, the network icon would then appear, correct? When I checked, that did not appear, which to me means that is is still asleep, and not that the screeen is dark. Also I have the sounds active, so I'd hear a sound when I depress (nice word!) any button.
One last thing - each time the EPG and the internet link was lost, I found that my internet was offline - I have had to restart my cable modem box and now also my Linksys network hub. After the 3rd time I wonder if either a temporary internet downtime screws up the remote, or if the remote is causing my other devices to mess up themselves.
Thanks,
Phil-bert

Hosting Services by ipHouse