The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Monday August 14, 2006 at 23:52
Lav
Lurking Member
March 2006
I too have had a 890 for about 6 months (lucky first owner ;). While it is still the best looking remote on the market, I too would not recommend it to anyone. The first one was dead so Logitech sent out another. I spent a few hours on the phone with the nice guys from support. They did all they could to help me tune it to be almost acceptable. Still had issues like everyone else where the remote locks up, response in sluggish, and sometimes I get multiple actions with one key press.

Last night I decided to tackle it again and download the latest firmware. Now I am ready to throw it through the window. One key press turns into about 20. I have tried the intra key settings, inter device settings, and the magic 0-6 response setting with no luck to solve the problem.

I am going to try to support one more time tomorrow. I don't see what I have missed. It probably works just fine with IR but I want the RF to work. I hoped they would have it figured out by now. There must be a hardware design issue and they are just trying to patch together with software.

Hosting Services by ipHouse