The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Thursday April 13, 2006 at 03:34
paulv
Founding Member
August 2001
I've had the remote for 4 months now... here are my experiences...
when things are good...

+ range = fine
+ battery life and recharging = fine.
+ motion activated lcd = cool

= ergonomics of device... very so so... buttons are tiny and blend into each other smoothly, so hard to 'feel'; backlighting of button text = 3rd grade compared to cell phones.

= rf stability - it does seem to hang from time to time (e.g. once every two weeks or so... requires battery removal and reconnect sequence... the wife is getting the hang of it).

- configuration. Yes, it's 'easy'. But the experience is WAY worse than other harmony's. Its a pain the the REAR and takes forever every time you change one thing (and that's IF it goes well).

- - - software... Arghhhhhhhh. I've tweaked the config once a month or so... EVERY time I do so... go through a new set of 'bugs du jour'... I have spent days on the phone with their tech support (the canadian crew are first rate... but the software team never quite got the 890 release out of beta and should be sent to India to handle 895 calls for a week before they're allowed to develop code again).

For all this, i still want to get this thing going again (it's currently dead, but has been working ok)... but I really wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

paul

Hosting Services by ipHouse