The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Monday March 3, 2003 at 10:48
GotGame
February 2002
rhm9,
I regards the log cabin story, there was a similar incident that happened to me. I had two long meetings with a client building a lake home in which I gathered electronic systems information and also pitched the "simple control is better". Lighting & HVAC control with energy management with distributed music and single remotes for their media areas. 80 to 100k setup in a 5500sq ft lake home for two mid 60 adults.
I had a good referal from the builder as well. Everything looked good for a design deposit and then He decided to take a guy from the shop that wires PLC panels to wire. I did not turn over any designs.
I am waiting for a call... to say with a smile..."Sorry, we cannot help you with your plans without the correct wiring." The builder should know better from the previous projects + he loses the project commision. You bet I am smiling. The people were not the right type to enjoy or appreciate the work we all do. I look forward to meeting and working for the people who are ready. The next month I met a couple who are excited about the systems available and want more, incuding Security, Extensive lighting, HVAC zoned control, Video cameras, Plasma screens, Dedicated Home Theater,Phone System and large Media system on the main level. Fun people to work with is the Best part of the job.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Hosting Services by ipHouse