The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday February 27, 2003 at 08:37
rhm9
Founding Member
December 2001
Now, after all this... I'm going to jump over and see things from a Union side.(Wishy Washy Bastard!)

Being an integrator I take offense to the two following incidents.

#1. We put in a bid on a summer cabin on Hood Canal. Spent hours with the client educating them and learning that their main thing was that they needed simplicity. They also pulled a bid from one of my competitors that came in a tad higher. They decided to go with some unlicensed bozo friend of theirs whose HOBBY is stereo and figures that prewiring can't be that hard (HE'S NEVER FREAKIN DONE IT AND THIS IS A LOG CABIN!!!!).
Of course I'm pissed because no amount of talk can get it through these peoples heads that this job is NOT going to come out right. Will I go cut wires and assure this... of course not; then I'd be like the a--hole Unoin Guys who did it to me. I'm not even going to narc to L&I that this is being done sans permit. I'm just going to walk away and let the chips fall.

#2. The Training Department just sent me an advertisement that they are producing a DIY Structured Wiring Video... "would I like to buy one for $29.95? it will be great to train new installers!". How nice to empower homeowners to take this on themselves instead of paying a professional and then rub it in my face after I've paid for your other materials to train my installers to be professionals. A big FY to the Training Dept.

Both of these are an erosion of the profession that I am in... and they piss me off. I guess if you're a Union guy and someone who is not part of your club comes in and does work that you feel should be yours... it's going to piss you off too.

Just trying to see both sides of the debate we started here.

Hosting Services by ipHouse