The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday February 14, 2007 at 09:22
Barry Shaw
Founding Member
June 2001
On February 14, 2007 at 07:30, djnorm said...
Every time this comes up, I stand here defending high-end
wire. I feel like Don Quixote. There is ABSOLUTELY a difference
between wires.

Past a certain level of the correct type & gauge of wire I've never personally been able to hear the "sonic veil lifted" or experienced "more air" with the tweak-approved cables. So yeah, I'm always sceptical.

PT Barnum aside, if there were REALLY no difference, the
wire industry wouldn't exist. Companies like Shunyata
and Tara Labs etc... Would have long ago gone out of business.

I'll give you possibilty that I've just never properly "auditioned" cables in the perfect enviornment where the differences would become obvious, but the "high-end wire industry wouldn't exist if it didn't work" argument is total bunk. Try these on for size...

"The weight loss products I see on TV couldn't possibly exist if they didn't work".

"The Nigerian financial offers I get in the mail/email couldn't possibly exist if they didn't work".

"Bose speakers couldn't possibly be the biggest selling brand if they weren't the best".

PT Barnum is alive & thriving.

Tweak cable companies and salesman may actually *believe* the extreme cables are semi-magical or they may just be *profit oriented*... I always wonder about this. Either way, some customers will want to buy them out of insecurity, ignorance, pride, arrogance, whatever.

Human nature has not changed.
"Crestron's way better than AMX."

Hosting Services by ipHouse