Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 314 made on Friday April 13, 2007 at 04:25
QQQ
January 2002
On April 11, 2007 at 19:00, joshod said...
I am not aware of any touchpanel
that works with Crestron other than their own without
the use of X-panel which also requires their processor.
No misrepresentation there.

It is misrepresentation.

Crestron has had the option of using other manufacturers touchscreen for YEARS, at least since 2000! 3M, ELO etc. You can even make a plasma TV a touchscreen.
[Link: crestron.com]
Now before you try to twist that into a negative befcause it (gasp) requires an interface, let me point out that you can also use any device that supports IE in which case no interface is required.

Also, you are trying to twist a positive into a negative. Why is the fact that Crestron offers multiple options a bad thing? With Crestron I can use a Crestron panel. I can also use a tablet PC or UMPC. Of course I have to use a Crestron processor, so what? Just like I have to use a processor with your system - in your case the processor is a PC.

One of the humorous things is that people who try to compete with Crestron who don't know anything about it always try to rail about how proprietary and locked in it is and how their stuff works on IP. Then you point out to them that Crestron has offered IP for YEARS and they jump to the next issue "well, with Crestron you have to use their expensive touchscreens". Wrong again. Now I see the argument has evolved to the fact "well, you can use a XPanel but you need a Cresron processor". Ridiculous.

Last comment - what competitors and people who are jealous of Crestron do not get is that people use Crestron touchscreens because they WORK and because they offer a broader selection that meets every need. People are perfectly free to use a pocket pc or what ever they want!

Last edited by QQQ on April 13, 2007 05:28.

Hosting Services by ipHouse