Pass:

Original thread:
Post 296 made on Wednesday April 11, 2007 at 19:38
PHSJason
Advanced Member
December 2002
Josh,

I am going to cut right to the chase.

A few pages back, I posted a system design/programming spec and am still waiting for the following answers:

1) Can EI do the system as specced?* If you would like, I will re-post the spec and add in all the connected equipment(TV's, DVD players, etc) as well if this helps. For now, assume that all the TV's are Fujitsu, and the AV gear is all Denon.

2a) What parts does EI advise/require to build the system as specced(touch-panels, keypads, remotes, controllers etc)?

2b) If EI does not build or supply a specific part like a remote or keypad, what product does EI advise to use that will work with the EI system to make the system work as specced?

3) What is the total MSRP of all the EI hardware to build the system?

4) What is the total software fee(once again MSRP) for the system if done by EI?

* I understand that EI will be using an MCE interface, and therfore the cosmetics will be different, but the "one-button operation" is the important part. I feel the spec is fairly open about how the cosmetics of the interface can be arranged, but that it clearly states that things like power/changing sources must be a one-button operation.

Josh, I think you are doing a good thing by trying to inform dealers about your product, but if you read back, you will see that Steve also made some incorrect claims about your competitors. I think people here are starting to see a pattern and are trying to stop it before it gets too far out of hand.
This is a group that is a bit harder to please than some of the other AV Sites. The trade-off is that if you prove to them that you have a solid product(and can back-up your companies claims), they will defend you with the same conviction you are seeing now.

Jason

Hosting Services by ipHouse