The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Saturday February 17, 2007 at 16:14
weird_ideas
Long Time Member
October 2005
On February 16, 2007 at 23:32, Steve@EI said...
New but ready to talk.

Sincerely

Steve Cashman

Steve I had the opportunity to meet you a few years ago when you were working for another startup company that made an exclusive appearance at Cedia. That company was Colorado Vnet. I remember either you or one of your coworkers touting many of the somethings you said here. The great customer service, how great the product is and all the things you were coming out with and the speed that they were going to be developed. Basically things that you as a former integrater would have wanted to hear. Well I have to say that vNet definately has some interesting approaches, they need to hirer and industrial designer to work on some cosmeticts of there products. Now that you're with another startup with, yep same story really deap pockets, you say one thing and then do another. What I see is a company that takes their product and sell it to whomever will buy it and promise them the world (Are we going to see a version of your product in A#I anytime soon under another name?) Once you get the bugs worked out, you go to the big retailer like BB or CC or CompUSA or even WaI-Mart. Where does that leave the CI? No wonder you receive so much resistance. Sure the builder programs sound great, but where do you expect the majority of your sales to come from? Maybe an "Automation in a Box" from BB that can be retrofited?

A quick question for you. Where do you see the CI in your business plan? I dought you'll answer this, but does EI have any plans on utilizing the CI channel long term.

On another note I think we all understand you're a very busy person and do appreciate your feedback and input here.

Hosting Services by ipHouse