Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Saturday February 17, 2007 at 00:30
QQQ
January 2002
On February 17, 2007 at 00:03, Steve@EI said...
When I state "media management"it is by far the best,
I am referencing it being the best all in one...

Even ASSUMING that's true (and I don't), that's sort of like saying Rosanne Barr is the sexiest woman in the room when the room contains three women and the other two women are Margaret Thatcher and Barbara Bush. i.e. software based media centers are not exactly a thriving field (yet).

I think for a couple hundred dollars a person could purchase some software from Cinemar online that also provides all in one media management with a much better UI than MS. Unfortunately it's not as plug and play yet. Bottom line, I've now tested Media Center extensively and the only thing I'm amazed by is how once this hundred billion dollar company can't design a good piece of software. It's JUNK.

Then again, they did just spend several billion dollars and five years developing Vista to the point that it has (gasp) translucent windows and decent search. Things I already have in XP from using very nice add-ons from small software companies. Sorry, I'm just not an MS fan. I know you know that's one of the challenges you have to address with integrators. The problem is that you profess how great MCE is til you're blue in the face but until the the facts reflect it, we won't go for it.

p.s. Did you hear about all the midnight openings retial stores had for Vista...and like 5 people showed up to them?

Hosting Services by ipHouse