Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday February 16, 2007 at 23:32
Steve@EI
Long Time Member
February 2007
New but ready to talk.

Guys I have followed this blog for the last few years, but never joined. I would like to introduce my self and start to give you all some real answers to the topics around lifeware. I am Steve Cashman, VP of Sales for EI. I have over 10 years of industry experience, prior to EI I owned an integration company in Colorado, still in business, and we did AMX, Lutron homeworks, and high end audio and theaters. Small company with 6-8 techs and a light sales and design staff with out sourced programming. I joined EI about 14 months ago and only after taking a lifeware system and installing it in my own residence, did i join the company and relocate from colorado to Columbus Ohio.

I will be short about the topic of the builder program, what we launched was a builder incentive program that had pre designed packages for builders to spec in to a new construction project, and upon doing so they come back thru EI's web portal and are refferred to two Cedia Custom Installers that have signed up to particpate in the Builder Program. The systems start at about 30K and range to 75k and include MCE, lutron lighting, aprilaire thermostats, panasonic cameras, russound audio, and misc displays and components. Dealers that are members of the builder program get full wiring schematics, marketing materials, and exceptionally hi margins and some new added builder relationships. A true win-win. EI does not sell to builders, only to certified installers.

I also personally challenge you to come out to either our headquarters or one of the trade shows and meet with me or a member of our team. The sales team all has varied industry experience from lutron, vantage, panasonic, channel vision, and much more. ALthough not every member of the team maybe as technical as you need, we do have a technical sales team that reports to me that has been doing high end systems in yachts, MDUs, and premium luxury residences for their entire careers. Yes we are working with teams like BBY, but we are also helping grow the CEDIA marketplace and we are managing very tightly what features, functions, and models are out in the marketplace to help deliniate who does and is capable of what.

As far as MCE goes, I personally discreditted it and many that know me would even say that I mocked it prior to getting to know it. Guys I have sold control systems from 20K up to 486K in my career as a integrator. I can guarantee you that MCE is the best Media and Content management software available to you today. I can also tell you with folks like walmart and Best Buy announcing movie downloads that need a PC in the living room, this is something that is only going to become more prodominant in your space, much like integrating a cable or satellite box. Today there are some fairly lucrative MCE hardware peices that are very stable and if you take time to learn and understand the platform, there is a solid business model there. That aside, Lifeware is the ultimate hi profit integration peice in the market today. You get to pick your favorite subsystems and have them all integrate and work together thru a very easy to use standards based interface. And guess what, even if the MCE would have a problem, it doesn't affect subsystem functionality.

We are a company built out of service, high quality product standards, and built out of our own financial means and hard work. Our CEO owns an integration company, that he saved from financial crisis and learned all about the problems of the small integrator plagued by a highly paid programmer, long lead time build cycles, the lack of system replicatability, and the fact that the majority of homeowners are unhappy with the experience they have had with the current control systems on the market. We realize we have picked the path of most resistent, but we also realize that the issues of DRM, content distribution, and media management, are driving factors for what the consumer expects and Microsoft is serious about owning the marketplace for those services and thus far the marketplace is accepting that. SO we have set out to provide you with a tool to be successful in this convergence space and we will be the best partner that you will find. If you would take time to get to know our product, i think you will see some things you like, we also would love to have your feedback as to what we can add/change to make it better. If MCE is the problem, keep in that many products that you love and use have some peice of the Microsoft platform involved, if nothing else, the machince that you are programming them with. Feel free to email me personally or comment. We take your opinions and business very seriously. I have personally helped by turning the screwdriver at projects with new customers and you can expect that type of dedication if you join the EI dealer network.

Sincerely

Steve Cashman

SC

Hosting Services by ipHouse