The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday March 23, 2005 at 12:07
Jay In Chicago
Founding Member
December 2001
Thanks King, I'll be able to do that when they get in. It should also be available on the web site soon...

Sounds like an interesting place up there in the woods. I should be visiting people out you way in the summer.

I'm going to NYC in June for a trade show in late June... Should be fun.

Chic... Thanks for the order! As far as the bags? You know we always want what we cant have!... Thank you L.L. Thank You.

Get the shallow strut... 7/8" deep. It get's it that much closer to the roof.

Handy instillation tip of the day:

The sliding head on the Jet rack system was designed with some 'play' in it's movement. This was entirely on purpose. You can easily bend a piece of strut by stepping on it. This is useful when it comes to mounting the strut in places where you may want to offset bend it and go over an obstacle such as a light, pipe, rib, or just follow a big bow in a roof line as some vehicles have.

You can put some pretty severe bends in the strut, and it will work just great. It will operate almost silently and completely smooth after you dab a little white lithium grease up inside the track.

I have a pretty good bend at the end of the strut that makes the 4' ladder go in and out my side door on my van.

The funny thing about that one is that I almost never kept the 4' ladder in my van since it took up too much space and wasn't the "one size fits all" type ladder such as my 6'. NOW I use the 4' ladder most of the time.

...OK.. It's not that funny, but I can't imagine not having my 4' ladder anymore.

One other thing we got that was pretty neat was a 5' Werner... Don't see to many of those, but it fit perfectly into a short bed cap we were working with.

I ordered it from Bird Ladder and picked it up the next day. ... I REALY like the 5' size. It's just hard to find them stocked at the store... I was glad they could be ordered.

OK.. that's enough rambling for now... you know how I can get.... (see previous 500+ posts)

Quick riddle I made up... How do cannibals celebrate Easter?
Jet Rack ... It's what's for breakfast

Hosting Services by ipHouse