The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday April 5, 2006 at 13:46
RC Geek
Advanced Member
April 2003
Then most likely, you're connecting using a PPPoE protocol. (Trust me there - I used to support ADSL infrastructure for SBC here in the states.) IF it's possible with that USB modem, go into your network connections and choose a new network connection.

• Click next at the first page of the wizard

• Choose connect to the internet and click next

• Choose setup connection manually

• Choose Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password

• Type in what you want the connection called for reference

• Enter user name and password and uncheck the bottom check box indicating it's the default connection

• finish the wizard

Once that's done, disconnect from the internet how you connect now and connect using the broadband connection you just created. If you can connect, use ICS on that connection and make it your default internet connection. If you cannot do that and are limited to the connection software provided by your ISP, I don't know if I'll be able to help you accomplish what you'd like.

I hope this helps. :)
Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense. -----Arnold Bennett

Hosting Services by ipHouse