The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday August 20, 2007 at 20:55
pilgram
Loyal Member
November 2004
Well, I'm back from my 'racing experience'!!

First, I would like to say that I've raced moto-X, go karts(high powered,120mph 'frames') some dirt track stock cars, as well as 'quads' (Banshee's).

THIS gave me a MUCH higher respect for the 'rednecks going in circles'!!

The 'starts' were staggered(some were runnining full speed when I pulled onto the track for the first time!).

The visibility leaves something to be desired. You can't turn your head and the 'mirror' was a blurr at first!!

The first 3 laps were spent 'climatizing' to the car and track, trying to stay out of the way!

By lap 4, I was FINALLY comfortable and found the fast line around the track after being passed(O.K, blown by!) by 4 cars.

The last car that passed me wasn't near as dramatic(speed wise, as I was finally up to speed!) and I latched on and finally passed him on lap 8.

What a blurr!!!

I'm sure I dented the floorboard trying to pass!!

It's MUCH harder than it seems when the cars are 'equal', and he won't budge from the 'fastest line' ;-)

The wall comes up VERY FAST(finally deciding on the high line to pass) as you drift up towards it, feathering the throttle to maintain enough front grip, as well as enough speed to pass at 165mph+!!

About the time that I finally felt like 'I was on my game', my checkered flag came out, and it was time to 'coast' into the pits :-(

Next time (and there WILL be a next time) I'm going to spend the extra $$$ and go for the 40 lap package :-)

I have too many commitments to consider racing 'full time' at this point in my life :-(

This was close enough!! At least I can still dream of what 'might have been' ;-)

My wife, on the other hand, thinks that 'once is enough' ;-)

She stressed the whole time I was on the track!!
Every day is a good day.......some are just better than others!

Proud to say that my property is protected by a high speed wireless device!

Hosting Services by ipHouse