Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday July 2, 2004 at 09:23
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On 07/02/04 08:44, Audio 7 said...
You are correct in assuming that the two devices
use the same IR codes,

Actually I was guessing that only a few commands overlapped. I didn't look up Unidisk SC, so I have no clue what it is and assumed it was something other than a preamp, so I wouldn't expect it to use mainly the RC5 system 16 used by Linn preamps.

Apparently it didn't occure to Linn
that both devices would be used together.

But what you said below indicates that they did provide for it.

It has
been suggested that one of the devices can be
switched to another codeset. I was told that I
should go into the "learn IR" page of pronto edit
and there would be a sub page labelled RC5 or
RC6 and then I can enter a system or command value
which have been supplied by Linn.

I don't have a working copy of ProntoEdit handy, so I can't give you exact instructions. But those instructions sound clear enough already. There are also instructions in many threads here on how to get into that dialog and assign any desired system and command to a key.

I assume you need to make a complete code set, either by entering the published system and command for every function, or by changing the system on a set of commands you already learned for the intial code set.

Having created the new code set, there must then be instructions to reprogram one of the devices to respond to that new code set. Some devices have menues from which you can select a change of code set. Some have physical switches for code set. Others have a sequence of steps, such as unplug power for a while and then right after plugging it back in send the power toggle command of the new code set.

I have a PDF with instructions but being new to
this forum edon't know how to attach it.

You can't attach it. Posting a URL is better if you have one. Otherwise, if there is something in there you'd like me to explain, you can email the pdf to me. My email address is in the "Author's profile" link above each of my posts.

Hosting Services by ipHouse