Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 357 made on Friday April 7, 2000 at 02:00
David Corsi
Historic Forum Post
Let me give you an idea of what you can do with this remote. I am amazed, perhaps many of you have done more with it but for those wondering here is a practical example.

I have a Marantz SR-7000 A/V Receiver, Sony TV, Sony DVD, JVC VCR, General Instruments Cable Box, and Yahama CD Changer. Everything is linked to the TV through the Receiver it must be on.

Here is how I set up my remote.

I mapped AUX 1 to my Marantz via a Marantz receiver code, NOT amplifer. It gave me all functionality except for the Left/Right/Up/Down/Select keys and keys to change to a particular source. I used the learning ability of the 15-1994 to get those keys working. No problems, full functionality.

I remapped AUX 2 to be a "VCR" key and then mapped it to my Sony DVD player. No problems with the code but I had to learn fast forward and rewind to the 15-1994 since the default FF/RW was actually only the "2x's speed" mode which is too slow. Beautiful now.

My JVC VCR mapped perfectly to the VCR button with a code as did my Sony TV to the TV button. No changes needed.

My Yahama CD Changer mapped to the CD button with a code again with no changes need.

My General Instruments Cable Box mapped to my CBL/SAT button with a code and I needed to add only the "INFO" button from the orginal remote which was not preset in the factory setup of the 15-1994 GI code. I did this through the learning function and it works perfectly.

At this point I added the "extras" to my remote. I programmed the 1s button with a macro which turns the TV/VCR/AMP/DVD/CBL all on or off and if on then it selects the AMP for my button pressing pleasure. I intend to add more macros to further customize the start for purpose viewing, ie. DVD only leaving the VCR etc. off.

I also used the meathod published in this forum to use macros to create a bypass that allows the Volume +/- and Mute keys in the AUX1/AUX2/VCR/CD/CBL modes to all control AUX1 (ie. my Marantz SR-7000 AMP) so no matter what source I am using it effects on the master volume control. The only exception to this I left was when I was in the TV mode so if I am watching TV only with everything else off I can control the internal speaker in the TV. Incredibly useful.

Needless to say this remote is incredible. When I woke up today I had 6 remotes and intended to purchase a $100+ remote to replace them. By sheer luck I stumbled over a post in a home theatre USENET group which linked here to RemoteCentral where I discoverd this remote, called a Radio Shack and bam I had a remote for $29.99 that did it all and looks cool and is backlit to boot. With about 1 1/2 hours of work I have everything working like a dream customized just the way I want it. Thanks to the people who are present on the internet to share deals like this with the rest of us, I don't even think Radio Shack knows what they are selling because they sure don't promote this remote for what it really is.

Thanks again! Buy it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse