Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 353 made on Monday April 3, 2000 at 15:18
John Medeiros
Historic Forum Post
What a fantastic group of people this forum has. I just finished reading this entire thread and printing out many helpful pages. I got my 1994 yesterday and have had no problem with all my components except my Kenwood 309 AV receiver. Question: before I can "learn" functions to keys on the remote don't I the specific valid device code for my receiver? As Im sure you other Kenwood 309 owners have discovered...the three codes listed in the instructions get "accepted" but do not work the unit. I read all the device code suggestions at this website, various personal and support webpages and finally called Radio Shack support and got several more. Tried them all...and none will be accepted by the
remote, which I'm also sure you discovered. I also tried the remote's "search" function twice with no success. Some of you seem to have found a
solution. The customer service rep at RS indicated that I may have to return it for a "telephone upgradable" model. But I love this remote so far and would like to know how you got it to run your Kenwood. I only need to program several buttons to control basic functions like power, volume (I am aware of the 'punchthrough" issue) and input (aware of this issue too..figured I would program the 4 "SmartKeys") But, before I can do any of this..don't I need the specific valid device code for my receiver? The rep at Radio Shack said I would and that's why I needed to buy another model.
Any help would be appreciated...I am off to read more of this great site-
Thanks-John

Hosting Services by ipHouse