The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday October 20, 2005 at 15:18
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
If I recall correctly from that other thread you already have Excel code to generate all the signals in Pronto Hex.

So one option is to skip MakeHex and simply format the output of your Excel code to match the input of IrPanels.exe. Maybe I'm missing what you mean by "interpret ... for irpanel". IrPanels reads simple Pronto Hex with no interpretation (of bits ext.), just formated properly.

But if you wrote that Excel code, you must also have a better understanding of the code structure than you conveyed in the above post, so writing a new .irp file for MakeHex also shouldn't be hard.

Looking at your sample, I see what looks like two data bursts
0 = 0008 0018
1 = 0018 0008
But you said
0 = 0008
1 = 0018

Maybe it is just accidental that the bits landed that way in the single sample you posted, and you are correct about the true encoding. In that case MakeHex's built in assumptions about the relationship between bits and bursts make in non obvious how achieve the encoding you request. To do that you need to get tricky as in:
0 = 0008 0008
1 = 0018 0008
2 = 0008 0018
3 = 0018 0018
With those definitions, MakeHex would pair the data bits together and encode then in a four way system that works out to the same two way system you described.

BUT, until I see more samples I still think my first guess
0 = 0008 0018
1 = 0018 0008
is correct and no tricks are required to use MakeHex.

Hosting Services by ipHouse