Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday January 2, 1999 at 17:26
lexman
Historic Forum Post
Relax guys, the remote control king has arrived, hehe. I own a Marantz RC-2000, Sony RM-AV2000, and just got the Pronto.

I think I can straighten out a few of your Pronto/Pioneer questions. I own a Pioneer Elite PRO-119 60" RPTV, and yes, it has been known to cause code problems in the past. Specifically, the Sony RM-AV2000 will NOT learn all codes from the Elite. You can use the pre-programmed Pioneer code with success, and I may have gotten a few buttons to program, but the widescreen button will not work with the factory code, and will NOT program on the Sony.

Low and behold, I tried to teach the Pronto from the Pioneer factory remote (97 model TV), and it was dumber than dirt. It would not learn ANY codes. Now, new model Pioneer owners may have more success. For one thing, on the new models, the widescreen feature is accessed through the menu system, rather than a button on the factory remote control. For the second thing, Pioneer has changed their code frequencies, though it is said that the NEW model remotes WILL operate older Elite's as well.

When I saw that the Pronto would not learn from the Pioneer, I immediately picked up one of my other remotes. The star of which is the RC-2000 Mk II, which will learn ALL Elite codes.

What do you know sports fans, the Pronto WILL learn the codes from the Marantz RC-2000, but NOT the widescreen code! Interesting.

Another solution, for people who do not have an RC-2000 is to take your Pronto in to your local Elite dealer, and try programming the TV codes with a new model Elite set's remote. I have been told this will work. But forget the widescreen button, as I said earlier, its on the menu system now, so you are SOL on that one.

Hope this helps a few folks.

lexman (fan of www.Digitaltheater.com)

Hosting Services by ipHouse