Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday December 28, 1998 at 17:13
Keith Barrett
Historic Forum Post
I would also like to see and end to the MAC threads -- one should have been enough.

To believe that companies should be "obligated" to invest in MACs, when they are such a small percentage of the population base is business nonsense. That's like asking record companies to continue to produce new albums in vinyl because they are alienating another (potentionally loyal) customer base.

While asking if there will be a MAC version is a legedimate question, bashing companies because they don't is nonsense. It costs a lot to make investiments like that, and in order for it to be justified there has to be a return on it. Even when MACs were at their height, when a customer demanded that my company's product needed to be on a MAC we required that they pay for that effort. If it was worth it to them, they did and got a product in return. As has been pointed out, Apple not being third-party friendly didn't help either.

I use to be an Amiga user once. While I thought it was a great system (heck, even it's MAC emulator ran faster than a MAC), I got tired of going to shows and stores and only seeing one shelf of items for that system. I eventually dumped it and went intel/windows. The most productive choice is not based solely on the best technology or who may have had it first. I am proficient in 5 operating systems (including VMS -- the best CLI OS ever ;-) -- I had to do this to keep with the times, not because one was better.

Blind vendor loyalty is dumb and serves no one but the vendor. If you really want to have the best of both worlds (i.e. your favoriate system and access to a large software base) -- get both OS's. Windows is certainly cheap enough to do that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse