Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday April 1, 2024 at 12:11
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
A couple things on the MX-1400... I recently added the 1400 for my daily driver TV and an 890 for my home theater. (I've been mainly doing Pro Control and C4 the last 5-10 years.)

The 1400 voice works for both Alexa and Comcast. Many others out here may the trick, but I could not get both options to work at the same time. I had Alexa working through the remote, but when I went to add the Comcast, it was a no go. I don't care about Alexa and I wouldn't sell the remote for that reason, so not a big deal for me.

But, on the Comcast, setting up the voice was very easy. I already had the Arris 4k box set up to do IP control from having C4 in place. I believe you'd have to go into the service menu and turn that feature on when starting fresh. The MX-1400 is a wifi capable remote, make sure to set that up initially. To add the Comcast box I had to go into the remote menu and pop in the IP address. It worked almost instantly. I was pleasantly surprised! (most of this is in the manual)
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse