The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday December 21, 2023 at 15:08
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On December 21, 2023 at 12:31, FP Crazy said...
I am doing that today. I'm surprised you've gotten that kind of range out of Eero WAPs. My experience is that they don't reliably broadcast more than a 30' radius.

But I will have wired for 4 access points in this house and can also put one by the controller/router in the data closet, for a total of 5 WAPS on one SSID, which should do a nice job of coverage. 2 of the WAPs will be inside the house right next to the outside wall adjacent to the back yard (1 on the South side, 1 on the north side). If I can get 30-40' out into the yard, it will cover all of the areas where the client will be hanging out (fire pit, hot tube, seating areas).

I am using the PRo 6 WAPs I wish these could be powered by a POE switch, so I wouldn't need a power outlet near each WAP.

You don’t like the POE 6 units? Pretty clean. Used to have to fit a Pro5 in that dopey adapter case.  POE 6 is snazzy.

Amazon eero PoE 6, ceiling/wall-mountable dual-band Wi-Fi 6 access point | PoE-powered | AC adapter not included [Link: a.co]
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse