The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday December 20, 2023 at 16:00
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On December 20, 2023 at 13:08, FP Crazy said...
'Ive done several Eero systems. Even the newer ones sometimes need to be reset as they go off line. Regardless, they do work well but as you stated Tom, they aren't very high power and you need to use a lot of them to cover a large home. The present home I'm pre wiring also has an active back yard probably 60' wide x 30-40' deep (30-40' away from the house). I cannot place any electronics outside (this is coastal salt air and anything outside will fail within 18 months) so adding an Eero WAP outside is out of the question.

I don't mind using an Eero system but I fear I will only cover about 20' from the house in the back yard with Eero.

I guess I could add a hi power WAP inside on a different SSID for outdoor activity and have Eero take care of all the indoor.and routing.

Prewire to a couple wall locations adjacent to that yard.  Start with Eero and see what you get. Adjust later with other options if needed.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse