The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday June 9, 2023 at 15:12
audiofox
Long Time Member
November 2010
I have a brand new MRX-2 that I am planning to add to my HT, and it came with an unused CC Control setup code for iOS (scratch cover over the code is still intact). Do I need to set up the MRX-2 with the CC software on my PC before I attempt to authorize the MRX-2 for use with the iOS app? I plugged in the MRX-2 to my local network and powered it up, but when I open the CC Control app on my iPad I get the error message "a configuration file has not been downloaded to this device. This application must be configured by a professional installer before it will operate with your system."

My confusion is with the file not downloaded to this device, which I assume to mean the iPAd, which implies that I somehow need to copy the MRX-2 configuration file to the iPad before it will allow me to authorize the MRX-2 for use with the iOS app.

I have experience programming some of the older non-IP capable devices with CCC (MX-980, MSC-400), but since none of them were network capable, I never used the iPad as a control point.

Any input or comments on this would be much appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse