The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday March 8, 2023 at 00:39
Daniel Tonks
Wrangler of Remotes
October 1998
You have no idea how much I wish this was a full custom build (or “my” property at this moment) where I could just go in and run every freaking wire I want by myself to every location. As it is… I’m having to prioritize at arms-length what the builder should do pre-drywall.

I’ve added CAT6 to all major rooms, garage, and multiple WAP locations. Multiple security camera CAT6 runs to the soffits for full exterior coverage. Rough-in for wired security. Doorbell I just plan on using a Ring Pro (happen to have a brand new spare one). Dedicated UPS/battery backup power outlets. My main concern right now is sound for the TV and music in the great room, since running behind the fireplace wall or into the vaulted ceiling later will be less than ideal.

It’s a bungalow so it won’t be THAT hard to add other things to the main level later. And there’s just no way everything I want is going to get done in the timeframe. The basement will be more involved since that’s where the theater, office, and equipment is going, and I have a lot of “wants”.

I’m not scared to open walls to add cabling later - just trying as much as possible to avoid having to do that right away.

Hosting Services by ipHouse