The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday March 7, 2023 at 08:01
mrtristan
Select Member
October 2003
Also consider how you are going to use the system for music. I acknowledge that there are plenty of soundbars that sound better than Sonos. But you can't forget the advantages of Sonos that outweigh the sound quality of other solutions (not to say that Sonos sounds bad at all):

- You can expand to other audio zones in the house wirelessly with inexpensive, great sounding small speakers or use Sonos Amp to power your own passive speakers. You can have them all play in sync or play individually at a touch of a button.

- With the use of HDMI e-Arc connection, TV, and Roger Ignite or new Bell fibe box, you won't need any other equipment and all you need is the stock remotes to operate. If you're adding a Bluray player, you'll know what to do with a simple automation remote - albeit, you won't be able to use voice control with third party control if you are into that. Plus, IR commands can be unreliable with these new boxes.

- The app is very intuitive and probably the best way to control music for multiple rooms. This is the number one reason I do less multi-room amps and control systems that used to take hours to program. The app also allows you to control Spotify, Apple Music and others. You never have to exit the Sonos App to search and control music. I don't think any other system can do this. If you have other family members that are low tech but don't mind using an app, this is probably the solution for you.

By the way Sonos is releasing a couple of new exciting speakers with spacial audio. The Era 300 can be used as stand mounted surrounds with upward firing speakers to create pseudo 5.1.4 with the Arc. Tuning of the sound profile involved the help of prominent, world renowned, mastering engineers so you know it's going to sound even better. The same could be said about the Sonos Arc, which can sound very good in a small room like yours.

Last edited by mrtristan on March 7, 2023 09:44.

Hosting Services by ipHouse