The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday February 19, 2023 at 17:36
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
We use both and I prefer the JVC. Definitely better for HDR with its frame by frame adaptation. I might give Sony the advantage on regular HD accuracy. We calibrate the projectors we install, so I don't always factor which looks better out of the box. The Sony is usually a little more accurate out of the box. Something to consider if you aren't calibrating.

We did have some problems with Sony a few years ago and they were a bit of a pain to deal with. We got resolve but it wasn't easy.

JVC I have only had two problems in 20 years. Both projectors we had to send to California for repair. One was the old HD series so that is about 20 years ago and one a few years ago with their less expensive DLP model. They are supposed to have a 1- or 2-day replacement program for their DILA models under warranty, but we have never had to use it. Those projectors are like tanks and still have a number in the field like some RS-1s that have went through over 10 bulb changes and still working fine. I think the build quality is better on the JVCs.

Epson, definitely has the best service but no true 4K and we have had to use that service some times. Still a good choice in the under $5k territory though.

Hosting Services by ipHouse