The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday September 18, 2022 at 05:26
Tommy
Long Time Member
August 2002
On August 21, 2022 at 14:53, Lyndel McGee said...
Why mod the battery? I just googled for TSU7000 battery and found bunches.

Here's one available on ebay.

[Link: ebay.com]

And another.
[Link: battery2batteries.com]

All these appear to be Cameron Sino but they have the correct ratings.

I have bought the aftermarket batteries for years. The quality sucks. They work at 80% full charge few days and go downhill fast after that. After a couple weeks you have to leave the pronto on its dock for it to work at all.

I ordered the 4 aaa sleds, aaa nimh from various sources, and sacrificed a non working original pack to get the wires and the 1 resistor. I used thay wired loom with the 1 chip diode or resistor, and wired the rest in the appropriate sides of the 4 bay holder. Plug it on the dock, and they say they will charge, but go from 100% to 40% in a few mins. I have tried charging the aaa nimh batteries in an official charger (nitecore) then pop them back into the pronto and get same results...100% full for a few mins and 40% 20% 10% etc...They dont make it thru an tv day, like kids watching cartoon/tv/pbs... sundays cant make it last long enough for 3 football games (all day). Just no stamina.

The AAA are rated at 1000mah 1.2v
I tried 3 or 4 brands from amazon, theres a little variance on quality but there probably all within allowed spec...

If anyone has successfully done this, can you point me to a blog or wed site with details, Am I missing something? The idea wants to work, seems to be waiting or trying to read values that are no there or off set?

This is a mission for me now, I would love to figure this out. Any help please

Hosting Services by ipHouse