The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday September 15, 2022 at 12:21
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
"a splitter" will never get you anywhere in a technical discussion. You need to ask whether there's a device that does this and such or that and the other, or you need to ask what a particular model number does.

About four years ago I had a client whose house had been flipped. The flippers had cut the CAT wiring too short to use. Sonora (or Holland, can't remember which) had a guy who worked out how to deliver satellite and internet using an RG6 backbone. The house now has 8 DirecTV receivers and internet to 6 (IIRC) locations.

By the way, when you have a problem like this, it's of more value to name the solution you're looking for, as in "how do I _____?" than to ask how to implement some particular solution. I don't think you'd get the answer to your question if we answered only what you asked, instead of switching over to "this is how to do what you want."

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on September 15, 2022 12:41.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse