The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday July 14, 2022 at 18:17
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On July 14, 2022 at 11:02, Brad Humphrey said...
???
I think you mean MX-450. Never heard of a 480.

And that is even more so with this lineup. The new 490 & 790 are basically the same remote with only slight cosmetic differences. Looking at dealer cost, there is also only a slight difference. The MX-490 makes no sense what-so-ever.

They build what would otherwise be a nice remote and cripple it with no programming option, other than onscreen/on remote. In this day & age when even some cheap remotes can be programmed with an app, this is a fail product.
URC as a company has become so disconnected from reality it isn't even funny anymore. Which is such a shame because they have great products! The corporate greed and mismanagement has become insane. But then again, a lot of companies these days are like that and somehow still keep going.

Yup, sorry.  450.  The 450 never made sense to me.  The 780 was, I believe, just $50 more and gave you PC programming and some basic variables.  Like I said, the 450 looks a little nicer in my opinion (larger screen), but programming it was just a pita.  I agree about URC as a company though.  My numbers dipped due to the issues I constantly had with their hardware AND software.  Known issues.  I had to step back on what I was selling due to the large amount of service calls revolving around their product.  Their answer to the problems was not to fix the problems, but to just cut my dealership due to low sales numbers.  Whatever.  Years of selling there stuff, years of trouble calls due to failed products.  I moved on and my trouble calls dropped DRASTICALLY!!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse