Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Friday October 29, 2021 at 00:07
James Ray
October 2021
Captain Chris, I'm in category #2. Back when my dad was alive he bought me a URC X-8 remote as a Christmas gift for my wife & I. When we received the remote he had already gotten it configured to all my homes devices. This was a couple years ago but now that i have upgraded HDTV's i must have it reprogrammed. I didn't even know that he had gone through all the trouble getting everything programmed & i did not know URC remotes weren't programmable by the user until i needed to update everything. I don't even know what store he bought it from. I have the URC X-8. I have contacted URC as well & like you, I too have been ignored. It is extremely frustrating after knowing the cost of these remotes. My dad gave this to me & I don't want to toss it. I'd like to be able to continue using it. I guess I'm just going to have to try to be patient & continue to hurry up & wait. I'm going to give it a few more days and then I am contacting The Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. After that i will contact the Attorney General & file a complaint with them as well. This will go on their site for anyone that checks up with the BBB to see if the business has a bunch of complaints against them or not. This could possibly help everyone, and if you're satisfied with the outcome after URC responds to the complaint, you can state that & it will also be documented for all to see. I believe they have 12 or 14 days to respond to the complaint. At least then, your voice will definately be heard.!!
Those two agencies can damage a companies reputation if they handle the situation wrong and everyone can see for their own eyes that this is how this company treats its authorized consumers after purchasing such an expensive remote control. I'm giving them til next Monday and then off we go. Anyone can file a complaint. It just takes a few minutes for you to explain whats happened, copy & paste it to the next complaint to the other agency. That makes it just a little easier for you to file the other complaint. Hope this helps
James Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse