Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday June 3, 2007 at 17:15
booya
Lurking Member
June 2007
------------------
Sorry for the repost, I figured my post was really for the Pronto Classic than the PDAs.The original post was at [Link: remotecentral.com] delete if necessary.
-------------------

Alright, I have this Neuston Virtuso MC-500, but its remote died one day. Its not a well known brand, so I couldn't find a universal remote that has its remote codes built in. The manufacturer does have a list of remote codes in NEC format shown here:
[Link: neuston.com]

I've read how the Pronto Hex codes for NEC codes can be generated from MakeHex, so I tried it and generated the required hex, and consequently the ccf file from hex2ccf. However, none of the nec protocol versions I tried worked. I probably blame it on my lack of understanding of what should be entered in the Device field, is it the decimal equivalent of 01FE (510) or 01 (1) or FE (254)? Or did I get everything wrong here?

So what I am now looking for is the proper way of generating the ccf file, or, since I am using a PDA to emulate a Pronto, any software that I can use?

It should also be noted that there is already a pcf file for the neuston found in the database but I do not have any software that can read or convert it (I still do not understand why it cannot be converted):
[Link: remotecentral.com]

Please reply asap, I've been trying to get this working for almost 3 months now; alternatively, if anyone has a Neuston MC-500, please help create a ccf file and share it!

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse