The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 76 made on Wednesday July 21, 2021 at 13:42
mhe4
Long Time Member
January 2003
I did some experimenting on my laptop. I updated from v3.9.0308.2 to the latest v4.11.0712.1 and got the password lock. I replaced the URCFrame.EXE with the one from v4.0.1106.6 (was on my desktop). The program starts up just fine, lists the version as "4.0.1106.6" in the banner at the top of the window, and has the hybrid user interface/remote simulation graphics between the old and new that others have mentioned. It does show the new MX-790 as an option where it didn't prior to the update. I did not block anything in Windows firewall nor did I modify the URC.ini file on the laptop.

Interestingly, if I tell it to check for updates again, it says "already updated", so the program clearly doesn't key off the URCFrame.EXE file for its version checking.

I did not check if there were any new code database updates between the versions I have because I don't know where to start to look.

I'm sticking with the pre-hobbled version on my desktop for now as I don't plan to buy any new URC remotes and the slightly older CCP version works just fine for the MX-780s, MX-980s, and MX-990's I have in use right now.

Also, I'm very grateful to those on this Forum and in this thread for the help in the past and with this current URC debacle.
-Mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse