The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Monday January 11, 2016 at 19:30
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On January 11, 2016 at 16:53, Fiasco said...
Terraforming Mars is something that is currently not hard, but impossible. It's mere mention as a point of reference is beyond hyperbole.

Thats why i mentioned it. If you bother to read back to the beginning of the thread Fins LOL'd at the notion of hiring someone like it was impossible when in reality its just harder than not hiring someone.

Sam Walton bought his first store in 1947 which he ran himself (a Ben Franklin). Tripled his sales in a 3 year period. His landlord coveted the business so refused to renew his lease. In 1950 he opened his own store, a Walton five and dime. He had 15 stores by 1960 and the first Wal-Mart in 1962. By 1969 he had 18 Wal-Marts all leveraged out the ass. Not until 1970 when he did a public stock offering did he actually accumulate enough money to knock his debts off.

Even then, all the way until his 70's the guy knocked off 70-80 hour weeks. He had a well documented and renowned work ethic.

Did he hire people and pass off responsibility? Yes, as has every single business that has a non-owner employee. Did he pass it all off and cut back to a normal work week.... never. Could he have? Absolutely, but he didn't so it's not relevant to support your point.

I disagree about its relevance. I was responding to Fins hiring someone to get part of your life back is impossible "LOL" comment.

No, you INFERRED "us guys" are saying it's impossible because it's "hard". The fact is, only WVL knows his numbers well enough to know the financial impact of offloading responsibility so saying because Sam Walton did it (which, if anything, he took on more and more responsibility) means any business can do it is more irrelevant hyperbole.

I wasn't inferring anything about "us" until you responded to the comment i made to Fins. Fins comment/s were what i was responding to, and the only thing i got from the trumpesque posts was that hiring someone was laughable and i should keep my mouth shut because i am not a business owner. The only reason i could come up with for his LOL response is that he thinks hiring someone is too hard or...impossible.

I don't need to own a business to understand simple common sense. You dont want to spend an hour cutting your lawn? You hire someone. Dont want to cook? Go out to eat. Want to work 40 hours instead of 80? Hire another person for 40 hours a week. Simple math.

Now your chicken and egg post above I can totally agree with. But, letting some hats go may not be financially feasible within the constraints of a given business.

He mentioned selling and taking a job as a rep as his next move. Logically hes going to be taking a pay cut so what difference does it make? I say logically because if his AV business paid so little that a rep job was a equal or better option he wouldn't be stressed out about the decision. If walmart called me and told me they were hiring greeters @ $85k i would quit my job and run strait to the nearest location.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse