The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday June 18, 2015 at 12:58
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On June 9, 2015 at 19:35, ibscas said...
Today, the only controllers in our house are phones / tablets, namely iPad Minis, iPhones, and iPod Touches.

So does the system you have eliminate the slide to unlock? That was kind of my original question, I'm in favor of doing that and want to but don't want to have to slide to unlock every time I want to turn the volume up or something?

dinom answered your question below...yes you can eliminate the slide to unlock. This is news (good news) to me too.

My response is about how the slide to unlock isn't as annoying as you think it would be. Initially this was a huge concern for me but after installing 100+ iPads in the last few years as dedicated touchpanels i can tell you that home button+slide to unlock is hard wired into everyone who carries a smart phone now and no one even notices that its an extra step. It becomes a subconscious background task that not one single customer has noticed/mentioned. If our particular/picky clients are okay with it i cant imagine anyone else would be annoyed by it.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse