The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday July 27, 2014 at 00:31
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
I have no "will power". None. Zero. I tried to quit smoking for about 5 or 6 years. I would quit for a while then start back again then play all the games trying to quit again rinse and repeat. I finally quit when we buried my uncle 2 weeks after his 50th birthday. The last pack i bought was on the way to the funeral. I have smoked since then but fewer than 20 cigarettes in 7 years...but i still think about smoking all the time. The urge never went away. The only reason i don't smoke now is that they make me physically ill.

Same goes with weight. After i quit smoking i started craving sweets. Soda, Candy, baked goods etc. I never cared for that stuff when i smoked. Traveling a lot for work means you eat at restaurants so free refills and a dessert menu. I have about 100 pounds to lose. For a while i would lose 20 or 30 pounds dieting or exercising then gain it all back plus 10 but for the last 2 years i haven't even tried. It's like trying to quit smoking allover again.

I have a treadmill behind me (literally, 5 feet behind my desk chair facing the TV), miles of paved walking paths that cross in front of my house. I have 2 dogs that love to go for walks and ive been home for a few months because i got lucky with being assigned to a local project instead of working out of town. Any excuse you can think of...i have already used it. I need someone to kidnap me, drag me to an undisclosed location and put me in a cell where i have to ride a stationary bike or run a specific distance on the treadmill before salad vegetables drop from a tiny opening in the ceiling. Keep me there until i can fit between the bars and escape. Think LOST and the fish biscuit cage.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse