Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday June 1, 2014 at 22:08
Zohan
September 2010
On June 1, 2014 at 21:04, RTI Installer said...
This is true, however I have had to replace many EZRJ45 connectors I have encountered installed by other contractors as well as those I installed years ago myself that were over 4 - 7 years old, its not that they fail right away but they do fail at some point and with much greater frequency than standard connectors. The exposed end of an EZ is right next to the contact spears.

On a standard connector there is a much greater distance between the spears and the enviroment and if they are assembled correctly the jacket will be nice and snug within the connector further insulating the whole thing.  I my self many years ago argued in favor of EZ's simply because they were less time consuming to install especially for the new guys working for me at the time. But I had to eat crow, the time savings is not worth the increased failure rate down the road

Was there installer errors due tothe "new guys"?
Just asking if thats a possibility....
Ive been usi g ez connectors for about 4 years now and so far not a single issue. Of course Ive always done them myself until recently I finally have a tech I can trust to do them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse