Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday December 7, 2013 at 22:21
Ranger Home
June 2007
As a customer I would laugh if I got an estimate to build a riser out of simple 2x12's and plywood at $125 per hour! Come on people, that's not even realistic.

Having owned a construction company, we DO offer TOTAL service for build outs. Turn key, EVERYTHING from framing, drywall, electrical, all of it. We CAN do most of it ourselves and have. However, we sub out some things like drywall, as its a pain in the ass.

That said, also will just sub it out and have a management fee on top of the quotes that WE obtain for the customer. We do the drawings, manage and hold responsibility.

More often than not lately we DO sub it out because we're too busy and it actually takes away from making more money elsewhere. Now, if we could get away with charging $125 for painting a wall or adding a piece of trim about something it would be different. However, if you have the manpower, capability and time then its a nice, profitable, add on business/service. For me, I have no desire to charge $125 for some menial labor that can be found anywhere for $45 or even less. But, that's just me. If you can get away with it and feel you offered a valued service, then by all means charge away. As the end user I would feel gutted. And gutted HARD.

Hosting Services by ipHouse