Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday November 18, 2013 at 15:11
TheControlFreak
Lurking Member
November 2013
Gentlemen,

First off, many thanks for everyone's time and effort in responding. Here is a little more information and some responses to your queries above.

The issue is the custom box was designed to respond to Pronto Pro TSU-6000 commands. We were able to extract those from the Pronto and test them in URC MX-series remotes without issue. The frequency as I said was 418MHz, band 3 (most likely narrowband). So with that, I established that I could somehow emulate the typical iOS apps but rather than use an IR dongle or Wifi-2-IR gateway, could somehow find an RF issuing gateway.

The IP-2-IR devices already exist from GlobalCache and for IP-2-RF@433MHz already at Mediola! Just not 418MHz that I saw yet...

I just can't seem to even find an IR-to-RF converter at worst case. The modulation is clearly similar to the IR Amplitude Modulating method. The hex codes contain about 80 words, IR carrier frequencey 52kHz but with the MX-series or Pronto, this is being carried out at 418MHz RF.

Surely, if I can get from RF remotes to IR, there's got to be a way to go also go the RF no?

And the box can NOT receive any IP signals or triggers whatsoever. It has to be via RF manifested from IR signal.

Hope that helps gents. Many thanks once more for your expertise!

Last edited by TheControlFreak on November 18, 2013 15:32.
Kyle

Hosting Services by ipHouse