The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday March 27, 2013 at 17:19
KRAZYK
Long Time Member
October 2010
On March 27, 2013 at 04:38, Grit said...
Thanks all. I misunderstood the MRX10 vs MRX1 part.

I guess my next question is, is the MRC-400/RF remote system going to become outdated in the near future, with the IP/network systems becoming the proverbial wave of the future? Or will URC and component manufactures continue to support IR/RS-232 for the foreseeable future? I know no one has a definite, factual answer, but I'd appreciate the insight and opinion of those with more knowledge/experience than me.

Thanks.

The future is already here. It is a culture who can't focuse on anything for more than 3 seconds. We need constant stimulation! We need a touch screen just to comunicate with the person sitting next to us at the dinner table. We check our e-mails, facebook and twitter accounts and are oblivious to our surroundings!

We'll use that same touchscreen to control our TV; scrolling through stations on our tablet and taking turns watching TV and looking down at our tablet for useless metadata, while missing the show!

I'll stay happy pushing a button on my remote and watching the blinds close using 1-way RS-232. My feedback will be my visual connection with the blinds. I'll continue to channel surf using the hard physical buttons on my remote while, keeping my eyes glued to the display!

I'm so old school! LOL
KRAZYK

Things you own end up owning you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse