Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday February 2, 2013 at 09:40
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Hey everyone. I installed a Pro24r and base station yesterday. With a Pace Cable box, a Logitech PS3 adapter, and factory commands on a Denon AVR3313ci, the remote repeats commands 3-4 times. In the case of the Denon, I hit volume up and it raced all the way to max. Not a good thing. It works fine on an Apple TV and Panasonic projector.

I tried learning from the original remotes, which worked on the Denon, did not work on the Pace, and wasn't possible with the PS3 adapter.

I also tried changing the number of repeats in the IR properties to 0 (the Pace was set to 3, the Denon 2, and the PS3 adapter 2). This did not fix the issue.

I called tech support and he seemed to know the answer right away. The solution is to put another command, he suggested a 0.1 second delay right after each of the offending commands. The reason being that the remote sustains the last command in a string sometimes, so by putting another command after it, the sustain is interrupted and the command works as it should. Sounds good to me.

So why am I asking if tech support gave me the solution? I'm not back on the job site until Monday so until then I thought I would get some input and see if others knew of another solution so I have a back up. Or perhaps someone will need the solution in the future.

I'll post results in the event others need it too.

Thanks, Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse