The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday August 6, 2012 at 10:26
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Thanks guys...

This room is using a AVR-2313CI that doesn't have pre-outs from the Main zone (only record outs that are fixed), so I needed the speaker > line level converter to keep volume in both rooms synced and this also resolved the audio sync issue nicely.

I'm aware of the audio delay units, but once again, this would have only resolved the audio sync issue and not solved keeping the volume in both zones in sync.

I originally thought about using an external auto switching amp like Bryan suggested, but really didn't have room in this rack.  The Audio control piece was also really inexpensive (and small).  It cost about the same as the GefenTV AD converter that I originally had in place for the AppleTV and was able to remove.

Bryan - You mentioned ramping volume in both zones by issuing both IR commands. I've never tried this and just discounted it as probably not feasible. Seems like if you used a macro to send both Z1 & Z2 volume commands that it would eventually get out of sync and would probably also make volume commands sluggish.  Also not sure how this would work when holding the button to repeat the command?  Does this actually work?

Like most things CI, there's more than one way to skin the cat.  This was the simplest, least expensive and smallest solution I could come up with to accomplish exactly what I needed for this job and it's working perfectly so thought I'd share.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse