The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday October 13, 2011 at 15:49
visualbyte
Lurking Member
December 2002
On September 22, 2007 at 07:24, Haoleb said...
I was able to get a brand new TSU7000, 3000 and an RF basestation from a friend for a mere 80 bucks but unfortunately the 7000 didnt come with a docking station. Needless to say I was a bit bummed! But I figured as long as I could build a charging circuit to recharge the battery i would be fine. So after a quick trip to the rat shack I find a small battery holder for 4 AAA batteries that I thought just might fit in the remote with a little modding. Well Good news! IT did!! I ended up removing the metal contacts from one end and gluing them into the remote (see pics) where they fit like something straight from the factory, And then had to cut down and do some wiring on the top part to wire directly into the power connector and Viola! Add in 4 AAA rechargable batteries and I have myself a brand new 7000 and no need to buy the stupid docking station for another 80 bucks :)

The Lion batteries put out 1.2v which is the same as the stock battery pack, and not to mention they are 1000 mah each vs the stock batteries 600.

Just thought others may be intersted in such a mod incase they no longer charge through basestation or whatever ;)

Granted I cant just throw the remote on the base to charge it, But taking out the batteries and charging them overnight when they get low isint much of a hassle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Will it be OK to use 1000 mAh Ni-MH batteries in this mod for an extended time between charges/battery swapping. As it seem like the simplest solution to my lost dock?

Hosting Services by ipHouse