The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday August 18, 2011 at 15:43
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I fully understand this was meant to be helpful, but I'm no further along than before I read it.

On August 17, 2011 at 16:10, mariomp said...
Ernie, go to advanced settings, enable 'Labs' option,

This kind of vague instruction is why a) I write such damn long posts -- I want to include all the information so a person can actually DO what I say can be done, and b) I get testy when people leave out really important things, such as "go to advanced settings" IN WHAT PROGRAM?

Ok. I open google contacts in Firefox. I go to Tools, which is where Settings is. Under Advanced, there is no choice for Labs. Of course not -- that's a google setting. But your reply could have saved me this step.

So, I look at google calendar. There is no "settings" at all. If I click on the one thing on the top black line that looks like it might be helpful, which is "more," I find other google stuff, and not settings.

So... I think, maybe that gear-looking thing at the far right is what Mario's talking about. It's not labeled at all. When I click on it, there's a dropdown that has Calendar settings, Calendar help, Labs, Use the classic look... no Advanced settings... but since Labs is there, maybe that's what I want.

I click on Labs. I'm told Labs "features... may change, break or disappear at any time." Do I want to depend on something here as my way of seeing records when out of the country?

Anyway... a quick count shows fourteen items, none of which helps me view offline. But then, I'm not in Advanced settings, because it isn't there....

and there should be option for offline viewing. I haven't had to use it yet, but I did see it in one of the releases I read about 9-12 months ago.

So, did it perhaps disappear?

Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll take a look for ya.

Yes, please, tell me where it is.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse