The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 426 made on Monday June 20, 2011 at 22:16
AV Consumer want to be
Lurking Member
June 2011
On June 18, 2011 at 19:25, OaktonVaGuy said...
MX-900 owner. Setup by professional 3-4 years ago. Swapping out an old dvd player for a new blu ray player. Professional installer no longer in biz. Am I reading the forum correctly that I cannot download the programming software to update it from anywhere? I have to pay someone a couple of hundred bucks to come program it for me? What is this an installer job program?

I am also a frustrated MX 900 owner and I have read most of these posts searching for help. Reality is the professional AV installer is hired because even the most conscientious consumer must rely on the integrity of the pro when they say you need the $350 remote for your (come to find out) fairly simple 2 zone AV set up to watch TV and listen to music. 1) The dealers all tend to oversell and ....2) no matter what you all post, it is incredulous to put a consumer in the position of $200 per hour just to get programming right or swap a component.

These posts have convinced me to tell everyone...DO NOT GO WITH A UNIVERSAL REMOTE with proprietary software that will not be made available. And DO NOT put your trust into any dealer who sells it or pushes the device.

And for those of you giving advice to every consumer that they should never buy without knowing every detail....you've just explained to us it is time to flush. If it is that necessary to learn and know all the details first, it will take a while to remove the grime from the business. And you've just minimized your value. Other OEMs of remotes with 90-100% of the same capabilities needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse